Faculty of Science
Young Educators in Science Programme
The Young Educators in Science (YES) programme, a collaboration between the Faculty and the Ministry of Education (MOE), provides students a flexible and supportive framework to learn and work alongside faculty staff in science outreach and education. At the same time, the programme equips them with communication skills in science teaching. Members who have completed 60 hours of science communication activities will receive a certificate and a portfolio detailing their activities and contributions.
YES aims to:
- Encourage students with an interest in education and science communication to engage in the practice of teaching and communicating at an early stage of their academic career.
- Cultivate awareness in YES members about the need for good teaching and learning and what constitutes good teaching and learning.
- Create a support group within the Faculty for YES members during their academic careers and beyond.
- Create a collaborative, non-competitive environment for YES members to explore, enhance and share their teaching and scientific communication expertise, experiences and discoveries.
- Offer a complementary programme within the Faculty that offers continual and flexible learn-work-serve cycles to participants for authentic learning experiences and development in teaching and scientific communication knowledge, attitudes and skills.
- Develop a closely knitted community of present and future educators for the sharing of best practices and information on educational trends between schools and NUS.