Science Summer Camp
(ORGANISED BY APCME AND WORKSHOPS BY NUS)
Join 2017 Science Summer Camp to discover your talent and motivation for a career in the field of science and technology!
The Science Summer Camp is designed to stir curiosity and inculcate a life-long fascination for science into the students through inspiring lectures by university professors, creative workshops, engaging demonstrations at state-of-the-art laboratories and visits to research labs at NUS for an experiential learning in a supportive and intellectually stimulating environment.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Experience the Astronomical world inside the life size Planetarium
- Familiarise yourself with 3D printing technology and its applications
- Be a Forensic Scientist to solve a murder mystery using DNA Analysis in the “DNA Workshop”
- Explore sub-atomic and molecular structures using an Electron Microscope in the “Nanotechnology Workshop"
- Engage in hands-on activity to understand the application of chemistry in “Food Science”
- Witness the Amazing Scientific Demonstrations to discover your specific area of interest
OTHER CAMP FEATURES
- Compete in the “Summer Camp Science Quiz” to win special prizes.
- An excellent opportunity to network and make new friends from the Asia and beyond.
- Beyond the academic element, students will get to expand their social and cultural horizons by experiencing the vibrant campus life of NUS while staying at student hostels.
- Leisure excursions and guided city tour to top tourist destinations in Singapore.
Lessons will be conducted at NUS Main Campus.
Option 1: The program fee of S$2100 would include 5 Nights- accommodation (single occupancy AC room) at student hostels, Meals, Field Trips, City Tour, and Local Travel as per the schedule including Airport Transfers. Airfare, Visa fees, health/travel insurance and personal expenses are NOT included.
Option 2: The program fee of S$1600 would include Lunch, Field Trips, City Tour, and Program related travel as per the schedule. Accommodation, Breakfast, Dinner, Airfare, Visa fees, health/travel insurance, Airport transfers and personal expenses are NOT included.
The cost is also inclusive of the prevailing Goods and Service Tax (GST).
Information is accurate at point of publication and is subjected to changes. APCME and NUS (Faculty of Science) reserve the rights to change the programme without prior notification.
*Island entrance ticket to Sentosa will be provided. All entrance fees to the various attractions are not included and to be borne by theindividual participant.
Specially designed for 15 to 17 years old students (Grade 9 to 12) to get a glimpse into the world of Science. This allows the students to discover their passion and potential in the field.
You will be taught by experienced university lecturers and experts of their craft.
19th Jun – 23rd Jun 2017
S$2100.00 (with accommodation) or S$1600 (without accommodation)
NUS Kent Ridge Campus, Singapore