Student Exchange Programme (SEP)
The Student Exchange Programme (SEP) allows NUS undergraduates to spend a semester or two at an overseas partner university, while earning credits towards their NUS degree. To have the opportunity to live and study in another country is an exciting and rewarding one, one that is irreplaceable. During their SEP, NUS students continue to pay tuition fees to NUS while the tuition fees at the host university is waived.
List of Overseas Partner University
Students can choose from over 200 universities in over 30 countries. On top of the many University-wide level partners, students can choose from the following FoS exclusive partners:
- Australia: La Trobe University
- Austria: Management Center Innsbruck
- Denmark: University of Copenhagen
- Hong Kong: City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong: The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong: The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Hong Kong: The University of Hong Kong
- France: Université Paris-Sud (Paris XI)
- France: Université Pierre et Marie Curie (Paris VI)
- Germany: Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
- Germany: Technische Universität Kaiserslautern
- Ireland: University College Cork
- Japan: The University of Tokyo
- Netherlands: Leiden University
- Netherlands: Leiden University Medical Center
- Netherlands: Radboud University
- Sweden: Karolinska Institute
- Taiwan: Chang Gung University
- United Kingdom: University of Dundee
- USA: Colgate University
- USA: The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- USA: University of Georgia
To find out more about SEP, students can refer to the presentation slides on the Student Portal .
SEP Application Criteria
- Refer to NUS SEP eligibility criteria (GRO website, under Outgoing Exchangers -> Before Exchange). An “S” grade is considered as a grade of “C” and above.
- Have completed (and passed) or should be taking SP1541/ES1541 or its equivalent at the time of SEP application.
All courses taken while on SEP will earn you Modular Credits (MCs) towards your fulfilment of the graduation requirements.
Therefore, students on SEP are to take modules on graded basis (ie no pass/fail) at the partner university. However, only credits, not grades, will be transferred for satisfactorily completed modules that were approved for mapping back to NUS. Students' CAP will thus not be affected. The total MCs earned and name of partner university will be reflected in the official NUS academic transcript.
To request for credits transfer for modules approved for mapping, students must submit an official transcript from the partner university, reflecting the passing letter grades/marks according to the host university's grading system, as well as the completed Transfer of Credits form. More information can be found on Student Portal.
Students who have successfully mapped ,completed and passed a full semester of workload while on SEP may request to transfer a total of 20 MCs from SEP. Any additional MCs awarded can only be counted towards Unrestricted Electives. For the maximum number of MCs that can be excluded from CAP computation, please refer to the Registrar's Office website.
SEP Application Details and Timeline