Overseas Summer Undergraduate Research Attachment Programme in Science (URAPS) at Zhejiang University (ZJU)
Zhejiang University (ZJU) is one of the top higher education institutions in China. In 2017, ZJU has more than 6,300 Science Citation Index publications, more than 2,000 patents for invention and more than RMB$600 million in annual research funding.
ZJU would like to invite NUS students from the Faculty of Science to participate in the 2nd ZJU Scholars Summer Research Program. Successful applicants will receive a scholarship from ZJU to work on a research project under the guidance of a renowned ZJU professor in the area of Science, or Agriculture, Life and Environment, and collaborate closely with post docs, postgraduates and senior undergraduate students from the same research team. During the 8-week Program, participants will join an elite cohort of domestic students in a dynamic, inspiring environment and become an integral part of the innovative and diversified ZJU community.
Please refer to the list of projects for possible placements. Do log on to NUS WebVPN before accessing the list. Please do not contact the research supervisor at ZJU for a placement before receiving an offer from NUS.
The programme takes place in Hangzhou, China.
The programme takes place from 18 Jun 2019 to 13 Aug 2019.
This programme is a non-credit bearing, Summer Undergraduate Research Attachment Programme in Science (URAPS).
NUS students must:
- Be a full-time Faculty of Science student.
- Have a clean disciplinary record.
- All Year 2 and Year 3 students may apply.
- Not intending to graduate at the end of Semester 2.
- Not be National Servicemen who are called up for In-Camp Training (ICT). Deferment letter will not be provided.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to attend an interview at the Science Dean’s Office in the week of 21 January 2019. After accepting the internal offer, you will be informed further on subsequent steps and project requirements.
An internal offer does not guarantee your placement in the programme. Your admission outcome is up to the discretion of the partner institution.
Number of Places
There are two places available for this programme.
Students do not need to pay NUS Special Term fees or tuition fees to ZJU. However, students are responsible for their own airfare, meals, personal expenses, etc.
Estimated cost (Please note that the figures provided are only estimates, and exclude the scholarship provided by ZJU)
Provided by ZJU
Food and Transport
Participants will receive a scholarship from ZJU comprising:
- Waiver of application and programme tuition fee
- On-campus accommodation for the duration of the URAPS (shared basis)
- A living allowance of RMB2,800 (approximately SGD560)
Do note that students holding this scholarship will not be eligible to apply for NUS Awards for Study Abroad (NASA) Enhancement Scholarship/Bursary to support their participation in this programme.
Click here to find out more about the various financial assistance schemes offered by NUS.
Programme Application Procedure and Deadline
- Latest NUS unofficial transcript (downloadable from EduRec).
- Curriculum Vitae. Highlight any prior research experience that you may have to support your application.
- Personal statement, including your area of research interest/project, why you are interested in the mentioned area/project, etc. Please indicate clearly the project you are interested in. Please do not contact the research supervisor at ZJU for a placement before receiving an internal offer from NUS.
All students travelling overseas for activities or purposes approved, endorsed, organised, sponsored or authorised by NUS will be covered by the NUS Student Travel Insurance Policy. Click here (under Insurance Cover for Official NUS Trips) for more information.
Exclusions to the NUS Student Travel Insurance may apply. Students are to ensure that they have sufficient travel insurance coverage, and may consider purchasing additional travel insurance if required.