Overseas Summer Research Programmes
The overseas summer research programme gives you an opportunity to conduct research in the world’s leading institutions, over the May to July break in NUS.
The programme is aimed at providing students with a unique opportunity to work under the mentorship of outstanding researchers, and experience the challenges and benefits that come from pursuing an independent research project.
Overseas Summer Undergraduate Research Opportunities Programme in Science (UROPS)
Overseas Summer UROPS is a 10 to 12-week long research programme, worth 4 Modular Credits (MCs), which could be taken on a graded basis. Some of the Faculty’s partners for the Programme include:
- China: Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Credit-transfer)
- Saudi Arabia: King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (Credit-transfer)
- Taiwan: Chang Gung University (Credit-transfer)
- United Kingdom: University of Cambridge, St John's College (Graded)
- USA: The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (Credit-transfer)
Overseas Summer Undergraduate Research Attachment Programme in Science (URAPS)
Overseas Summer URAPS is a 8 to 10-week long research programme, without any Modular Credits (MCs). Some of the Faculty’s partners for the Programme include:
Overseas Summer UROPS in Marine Science
As part of the Marine Science Research and Development Programme (MSRDP) Overseas Programme Award, students will have the opportunity to sign up to do a graded marine science-related UROPS (LSM2288 or LSM3288) in host institutions/organisations overseas. Click here for more information.