The workplace of today and the future is characterised by constant change, economic uncertainties and disruptive technologies. With our Transformative Science Education, our graduates acquire deep domain knowledge as well as soft skills such as resilience, adaptability, system thinking and deep thinking, which enable them to Stay Ahead of the Future. Here we profile our young alumni who have succeeded in emerging industries of the new economy, made transitions into careers in diverse domains or who became entrepreneurs who translated their dreams into products or technologies that benefit society.
Alumni in the News
- Dr Ong Siew Hwa (BSc (Hons) Biochemistry 1995) - one of the winners for the Spirit of Enterprise Award 2017 SOE 2017
- Pow Chen Wei (BSc (Hons) Life Sciences – Specialisation MCB 2014) – 3rd place in Teochew Beauty Pageant The Straits Times, Oct 2, 2017
- Mr Veera Sekaran (BSc Botany 1987), OSA winner, for VisitSingapore 2017 campaign, recently won 2017 Emerging Enterprise Awards Business Times, Oct 6, 2017
- Dr Rosemary Tan (PHD in DBS 2001), OSA winner is one of the 18 Great Women Of Our Time awards 2017 by Womens Weekly Magazine Womens Weekly, Jul 19, 2017
- Miss Nur Yusrina Ya'akob (BSc Life Sciences 2009) awarded Berita Harian's Young Achiever of the Year! Earlier this year, Yusrina became the first Malay/Muslim woman from Singapore to summit Mount Everest The Straits Times, Oct 5, 2017
- Mr Gordon YONG (BSc Life Sciences 2017) and his study on ants. Mr Yong’s interest in the insect was sparked by a field trip to Sri Lanka in the third year of his undergraduate studies The Straits Times, Aug 4, 2017